Featured Post

Alberta Book: Photographs by George Webber

As an urban explorer who holds a love for urbex photography, I am continually on the lookout for works published by professional photographers. My wife and I often find ourselves at the nearby Indigo/Chapters store as she is an avid bookworm who easily manages to read at least 3-4 novels a month. While she browses I always end up gravitating towards the photography/fine arts section to see what’s new. I then quickly glance through the local interest section which generally has few titles that peak my interest. However, on one of our recent “book dates”, I came across a photography book by George Webber simply called Alberta Book. I must admit that I’ve never heard of Mr Webber but the cover photo certainly caught my attention. The book contains over 200 color photographs of Webber’s work compiled over 40 years of photographing and exploring the many forgotten Alberta towns that dot the Canadian prairies. An abundance of pictures depicting deteriorating signs, abandoned buildings,

High Water and Prairie Winds

A great day exploring the back roads. Bonus that it wasn't even that far from home. Thanks to Mrs DH for finding us great locations to photograph and visit. Even managed to mark a few locations down for further exploration once fields dry up a little!

Traveling back roads this time of year is always hit and miss! You never can tell if the road up ahead is going to be passable. There's allot of backtracking, perseverance required, to find a way to the location you see off in the distance. It makes for a good "Sunday" drive.



Despite some tricky roads, we managed to find these two beauties. The first house was a great little explore. Not to many homes out there still have their curtains up. The wind blowing through the house made for some great pics and video that I'll use one day! The next home Mrs DH managed to find was another great little explore with lots of character. Many little discoveries to be made! Really interesting was the large amount of newspapers the owner had collected over the years. Would have loved to have had more time to look through them. Especially nostalgic, was finding old newspaper comics that I remember from the 80's. I bet there was piles of them hidden away in the newspaper stacks. The home was in rough shape though, many soft spots on the floor. The back room was collapsed and the upstairs was to "iffy" to go and explore.



Visit Derelict Harvest to see other pictures from this gallery.

Comments